Friday, November 2, 2001

 

Loneliness and Me - To MLDL

    My experience of my commitment is, well, it's not lonely, in fact, sometimes it is much too packed with people. There are times, though, when I feel as though I have had to put aside the essence of me (even as I do those things which are natural to me, aside from my mother's life, which I discovered and practiced before and continue to discover and practice, now) because I am always focused on my mother. Even when I visit friends or they visit me. Even when I engage with a lover and he with me, my mother is there; not as a cautionary, not as a ruler, but as my charge. It colors everything I do, all of my relationships.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?