Monday, October 1, 2001

 

Just in Time - To MFS

    Yeah, I did stay up a little late. I started another period [I don't think of them as "my" periods, anymore, because I never know when I'm going to have one.] yesterday, although I've known for a couple of weeks it was coming. Everyday for a couple of weeks I've thought that "today" was going to be the day. Well, yesterday was it and it felt like my body's been working up to it for a couple of weeks and threw a blowout celebration, yesterday, to commemorate it's ability to produce one more period. I'll be glad when my body forgets it's supposed to have these things. Anyway, I finally started feeling halfway decent last night.
    Mom stayed up late last night and read a book I had bought and read for the bookclub a couple of months ago, The Bonesetter's Daughter. I really liked it. Mom likes it so much she can't put it down. I think you'll like it, too. I'll send it to you but not today. Mom's still reading it so I'd have to send Mom, too, and you know how she feels about traveling now.
    Nothing extraordinary is happening here although last night we got a call from a man named Paul Edwards. Apparently sometime this afternoon Mom decided to call MPS and forgot to use the area code (I think, lately, she's been thinking she is in Mesa). Anyway she tried three times and all three times she got this guy. Since I wasn't in the dining room when she did it I don't know how her side of the conversations went. Apparently she asked for MPS a couple of times. When Paul and I finally sorted out what happened I promised him I would make sure she didn't call his cell phone again. So, I asked Mom if, from now on, when I'm here, if she decides to make a call that she have me dial it.
    You know, it's funny but it actually is a lot easier on me that I was here before all of this began and it's happening "only" bit by bit. This way I'm not thrown quite so badly by the successive taking over of the small chores needed to maintain her life that we "forget" to do as we move beyond this life.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?