Thursday, September 13, 2001

 

The Important Details - To LTF

    I have nothing to say today about what is and isn't in the news. We do not have the news on. Mom is back to her regular sleep schedule. I am relieved. This just seems very weird and I need some time to ponder it.
    This is a business letter. I just spoke with MFS. The best time for her to relieve me in 2002 so I can visit with you unencumbered is "between February 14th and March 1st." There is another window for her in mid-January, but that is bad for my mother and I. This is assuming, of course, that you still want to visit Prescott and me. Her time within those two weeks at this point (see starred section) is flexible as far as both dates and duration are concerned. She needed to make sure that her husband would be at their home to take care of the kids. So it looks like that is my optimum time for visiting. The reason she called me about this today (other than the fact that she is good at organization) is that she's beginning to scout for air fares and found a deal on Southwest where the tickets must be purchased before September 17th. I need to tell you we are not concerned about air fares. You need not even decide by September 17th whether you are planning on visiting next year. Despite her intransigence to my mother's and my offer, we will be paying her airfare and any other travel expenses and we aren't worried about possible costs of air fare. My feeling is that it's not necessary for you to firm up any dates or even make a decision about whether you really want to visit at this point. But I thought you might want to know that I know between what dates I am certain I can get relief, so you can plan accordingly if you wish to plan.
    If you decide to visit I'll want a day to prepare the house for a non-smoking guest as much as is possible, warm it up (it takes about a day to get it to living warmth in the winter even though the winters are very mild here), make sure we have enough firewood, etc. You are free to "stay" here or at a motel/hotel. Knowing your need for privacy, I would be surprised if you decided to stay in this house [of course, you are more than welcome to stay here, I just want you to know that I will not be offended if you opt to have a smoke-residue-free/privacy insuring haven handy]. If you are thinking in terms of a hotel/motel room you will have absolutely no trouble procuring one in Prescott during the last two weeks of February, regardless of when you decide to make reservations. This is not a tourist mecca during the winter months. I'll also want to make sure I am with MFS for at least one day before your visit to check her out on everything she needs to know before taking on Mom and a day after your visit to debrief her and rebrief myself.
    Of course, all of this could be for naught mainly because of the developments of the last few days since MFS's family is an active Navy family.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?