Tuesday, September 11, 2001

 

9/11 Knows No Age - To LTF

    My mother was even tuning in on the news. Shortly after I e'd you last, she glued herself to the TV. I had suspected, out back, hearing it all 2nd person from what MCF was gleaning off the TV, she may not have understood what had happened. Sometime around 1600 she apparently noticed the call for blood and said she wanted to donate so we went to Yavapai Regional Medical Center and were directed to an "off campus" clinic. When we returned my mother spent some time on the phone calling all her daughters to see if their husbands had been "called in". I'm thinking, wow, I wonder if she's connecting this with her experience of blood drives in WWII.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?