Wednesday, August 29, 2001

 

Review and Refresh - To MFS

    I didn't scare you off with that last email of mine describing a "typical" financial transaction that, as it happens, involved not only her actual checking account and bills paid on a monthly, semi-annual and occasional basis, a quick appraisal of her portfolio, a quick appraisal of her income tax for 2000 and 1999 and a quick sizing up of MFA, MA and their comments, did I?
    Mesa went well. It was fucking hot. No more boxes of files, although there are a lot of boxes with old stuff in them in the shed. We've got enough space now that, with some cheap closet shelving and drawers, I think we can unpack at both places, maybe take down that godawful shed in the back or have it rebuilt or something. I don't know. I can't wait to see whether we have termites. Wrong time for all this stuff to be happening.
    Well, anyway, I got back about 1707; went directly to Kentucky Fried Chicken, then Baskin Robbins for a Chocolate Malted treat for Mom which turned out to be too strong but appreciated. It was good to get away and good to get back. Mom and the cats slept the whole day. I'm sure of it. Nothing has been disturbed. Mom had closed and locked all doors including screen doors and I had to lean on the buzzer and hope it awakened her. It did.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?