Monday, August 6, 2001

 

More and More Movies - To LTF

    I also took my mother to see the refilming of Planet of the Apes today. I am pleased to report that she hated it. She is a fan of the entire series of original Planet of the Apes movies; she used to be able to quote dialog from them. She didn't even find the make-up, set design or more rigorous "ape-like" behavior in this "new" one impressive. She also didn't like the fact that there "wasn't much talking". Although I wouldn't have noticed it if she hadn't mentioned it she's absolutely right about that. When I asked her what she thought of the story, she said, "What story?" She also asked me, "What was the point of that girl with the messy hair?" Good question. I said, "I think she was there to sell tickets." "Well," she responded, "they should have put her out in front of the theater in a thong bikini [I didn't even know she knew what a thong was although, when you read all the tabloids, you eventually end up knowing just about everything] and done something with all that hair. She wasn't doing very well on the screen." She wasn't. The theater had maybe 30 people in it and school hasn't started here, yet.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?