Friday, July 20, 2001

 

I must have been on cruise control... - To LTF

...LTF, that's my explanation. No sooner had I isolated "Why am I such a different person with my family than I am at other times?", or, more to the point, "Why am I someone I don't like?" from your last e and (in part) answered it with a breezy, "I've never experienced this..." than I began having episodes wherein I did, indeed, notice myself become someone I don't like, twice, so far, during this round of visits, and began remembering lots of other episodes. In fact, whether I ever mentioned it to you or not, I have spent a lot of time this last year being someone I don't like as I've been handling my mother's business, especially but not exclusively the disaster end. Jesus! Anyway, while I have a break (everyone else is out shopping including Mom, she said gleefully) I wanted to alert you that I did misrepresent myself in that answer [I can't imagine why I wrote that; in fact, I can even remember long periods of time when I've endured being someone I don't like; primarily in business (which is why I can't stand "doing business" as an employee, and, often, in other roles), but often in other scenarios.].
    A peculiar "Mom Episode" happened last night which really brought the message home. The whole thing is sort of complicated, so I'll e you about it later. At the moment I want to take advantage of the quiet in the house and do laundry, dishes, straighten up and pay some much needed attention to the cats (The Big Girl is heavy breathing next to me on the cedar chest and The Little Girl is stretched out in front of the computer screen; they both assumed these positions as soon as the car pulled out). Except for paying attention to the cats, I don't want to do any of the other things, I'd rather consider the episode as I frame it for you. But we need clean dishes before supper, clean clothes for outings, and I'm too schized when everyone's here from all the babbling going on to do much else but respond to people, so I'd better do the chores now.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?