Tuesday, June 5, 2001

 

The Aging of Time - To LTF

    About 15 minutes ago I took some mail out to our box and saw the collapsed shed out in front and thought, "That's still HERE!?!" I realized it has been less than 48 hours since the shed was tackled, let alone laid out in front weighted down with adobe bricks (the wind has been vigorous, here, the last few days). Then, I realized something else: It seems as though everything that has happened in the recent past (like, from a minute ago to a couple of months ago) happened years, even decades ago. I have been, it seems, feeling that way for awhile. It seems as though MFS visited last year and my mother's cousin, well, maybe over the fall holidays. It seems as though the last time I gave my mother pills was three or four days ago, not this morning.
    I wonder what that means, when time stretches to the point that one's life is telescoped almost beyond recognition. I wonder when I'm going to start feeling as though I'm not living my life, anymore, just watching someone who looks strikingly like me negotiate a seemingly unrelated series of events to which, for some reason, I seem to be tuned.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?