Saturday, May 12, 2001

 

Not wanting to sleep... - to LTF

...has translated into Not Being Able to Sleep, an unusual phenomenon for me. I'm having those bizarre stuck-dream episodes where I'm half in contact with reality, enough to know I have no control and can't move away from where ever the hell the other part of me is. "Night terrors", I think they're called. I usually get an hour to an hour and a half of sleep before one of these dream spasms throws me up against a wall and my struggle finally wakes me up. It doesn't seem to matter when I try to sleep. Because I'm getting so little sleep I'm trying to catch some during the afternoon. It's peaceful enough with everyone else asleep and the whole outside wafting through the house from every direction. I stopped drinking coffee a little over 24 hours ago thinking it might be that but it wasn't.
    Conversely, sleeping is all my mother seems to be able to do right now. It always takes her a week or so to adjust. I hope she opts for not accompanying me down to the Valley on Monday and Wednesday when I pick up MFS. I think even if she sleeps her ass off all day up here she'll be better off than if she goes back and forth. Sometimes I wonder if letting her sleep is a form of elder abuse.
    A baby wolf spider (which is about as big as a typical adult house spider and hairy) just sauntered down the wall and away down the hall. I'm the only one in the household who likes spiders. I am constantly protecting them from the cats and the mother. I think the spiders know this because I only see them at night anymore.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?