Monday, April 9, 2001

 

Tonight it was The Last of the Mohicans... - To LTF

...the 1992 version. What a shameless movie! I've been thinking lately about why my mother is 'suddenly' thirsty for adventure/action/war movies. The really simple, bloody ones. I'm still thinking about it...it's a puzzle, considering that her previous relentless preference was for family oriented animated features. Considering that she was in WWII, she taught her generation how to shoot their guns, how to spot the enemy, well, that has always seemed incongruous to me. Perhaps the incongruity is finally readjusting itself.
    I expect her movie preferences will change even more. I'm looking forward to watching the development. We might be watching a lot of love stories, soon. Her comment about The Tao of Steve, which I never finished, surprised me. She has, in the past, been impatient with love stories, even the most complicated and elegant.
    My secret hope is that she will develop an interest in martial arts movies of all kinds including the old, Asian, mythical ones, the current funny ones and the nasty, predictable, stevensegal ones.
    I'd also like to stumble across several more like The Straight Story. Watching my mother watch that movie was a treat.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?