Monday, March 12, 2001

 

Reality Is Perception - To MFS

    So we went to Pier 1 and it took over an hour for us to get something. Mom forgot halfway through our sojourn that the gift certificate was only for Pier 1 and sat down in a chair in the store. When I finally found her she told me she couldn't find anything she liked and decided she was going to spend it someplace else some other day. I had to tell her there is no someplace else and there isn't another day. We finally found something that took almost the whole gift certificate except for a few cents. We got new reed mats for outside the front doors of both houses. Thank you! They are perfect!
    Something very curious happened. There was an item I found that cost exactly the amount of the gift certificate: A metal wind chime with a 12 tone c-scale followed by the octave of c. I ran my finger over it and it was a luscious listening experience. I beckoned Mom over, angled her right in front and practically on top of the wind chime, drew her attention to it, ran my finger over it, and Mom smiled delightedly and said, "What an idea! A wind chime without sound!" She was so entranced with the idea that someone would actually create such a bizarre thing that I didn't have the heart to break her reverie. Needless to say, I didn't suggest we buy the wind chime.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?