Saturday, March 24, 2001

 

Old is New Again - To MFS

    I'm sorry I didn't respond to your last email promptly, MFS. I got lost in paperwork and business phone calls. But I want to tell you, yes, please, by all means call for Mom. You're absolutely right. It's important to her to receive phone calls from her daughters. I know that she is also pleased when I'm talking to her other daughters but she likes to talk, too, and sometimes I forget that. You're also right about it not making any difference that she's heard it all before. I find that as I get older and more fully develop the desire to repeat stories and information ad nauseum it's quite nice to be living with someone who thinks everything I say is new. It also helps when I want to see a particular movie three or four times. Watching it with Mom makes it like watching a brand new movie!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?