Tuesday, February 13, 2001

 

Protracted Protection - To LTF

     Mom is excited. Today we are going to Costco to stock our new refrigerator. We didn't lose much because we don't stock much. I don't like to use frozen food if I can help it. One of the clerks at the grocery, during my interminable trips for ice, reminded me that I could probably get the cost of the food we lost covered by insurance. We probably could. I can't deal with another insurance claim now, though. As it turns out, too, our mobile home insurance is an umbrella company under the company who carries the insurance on our Prescott home. No can do.
     Now. The paragraph above I would consider a good indication of a "failure to thrive" attitude in this species of which I am a member, since I am refusing to use a traditionally recognized and approved method of increasing my survival store. Further, and even more harshly, I am a danger to my mother's survival because I am in a position of acting on behalf of her survival. This realization does not leave me unmoved.
     I've been using a lot of double negatives, lately. Hmmm.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?