Friday, September 29, 2000

 

Thinking Back, Thinking Ahead - To MFS

    Okay, the robe. Zipper front. Not satin, she doesn't like it. She bought herself some satin pajamas not too long ago and stopped wearing them after one night. Fleece or terry cloth would be best. Medium sleeves, I think, since it'll be for Mesa. Length? Not down to the floor. Somewhere between her knees and her feet. Mom would probably like something see-through that shows off her bum, but, you know, it's hard enough to keep her from being arrested, as it is--I don't think we need to push the envelope. If she asks, don't tell her I told you that.
    From what MPF said, I don't think that the tape [of a PBS show on hospice care] will relate to Mom's situation now. Maybe later. What I hope for Mom is that she either keels over suddenly or dies in her sleep. Not only do I think she deserves that kind of easy, quick transition, but seeing how her natural tendency is to sit back and let illnesses take their course instead of fighting them, I would prefer that she not be in a position where people are telling her to fight then telling her not to. You know what I mean?
    I also know that hospice care kicks in only when someone is due to die within 6 months. That's what MPF told me. I will tell you what the show is like. We picked up the tape today. It's about six hours long.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?